Is it challenging for you to have more accurate and precise cuts in your woodworking projects? Don’t worry because you only need the best track saw.
Track saws are popularly known for their accuracy and ease of use. In addition, they allow you to alter the saw to meet your various cutting needs.
Selecting the best track saw for DIYers and professionals is an uphill task, especially if you are purchasing for the first time.
This guide comprises the best track saws to enable you to choose the best without much hassle.
Here is a simple overview of the best track saw for DIYers and professionals:
- Best Overall Track Saw – Makita SP6000J
- Best Runner-up Track Saw – DEWALT DCS520T1
- Best Value Track Saw – SHOP FOX W1835
- Best Portable Track Saw – Festool 575387
- Best Plywood Track Saw – Kreg ACS2000
- Best Premium Quality Track Saw – DEWALT DWS520T1
- Best Budget Track Saw – WEN CT1065
This is a comprehensive guide of the best track saw for each class. My selection is based on track saw features, prices, customer reviews, and product quality.
I’ll give you each product’s features and the reasons why I think it’s the best in its category.
I recommend you go through this guide to understand the basic track saw features that you need to look at before making the actual purchase.
Best Overall Track Saw – Makita SP6000J
Makita SP6000J 6-1/2-Inch Plunge Circular Saw
This track saw is ideal for use in your workshop or on the job site. It helps you deliver precise and more accurate cutting, thanks to the saw and the rail system.
It’s designed for cutting sheet material, trim work, finish work, and remodeling.
Here are some of the reasons I believe Makita SP6000J is the best in its class:
- It has a powerful 12.0amp motor with variable-speed dial control (2,000-5,200 rpm) for maximum performance in a wide range of materials.
- The saw is equipped with a built-in torque limiter that prevents motor burnout.
- The lock lever helps attach the saw to the rail system to ensure the saw stays on the rail when positioned for a bevel cut.
- The large top handle and an electric brake enhance increased productivity.
- It has an onboard hex wrench that allows you to change the blade quickly.
- The rear bevel and dual front supports offer extra rigidity for accurate and precise bevel cuts.
- The saw has electronic speed control that helps to maintain constant speed under load for smooth cutting.
- The soft starts are ideal for smooth start-ups.
- The 1-1/2-inch OD dust port pushes the material away from the operator and connects to a vacuum system.
- Sufficient dust collection
- One-year warranty
- A powerful motor
- The rubberized grip offers more comfort and minimizes hand fatigue.
- Circular saw
My Favorite Feature: “Convenient Plunge-Release Lever”
- The convenient and smooth plunge-release lever is designed to optimize the operator’s comfort, and the depth adjustment with a large scale is easy to set.
Best Runner-up Track Saw – DEWALT DCS520T1
DEWALT FLEXVOLT 60V MAX Circular Saw, 6-1/2-Inch, Cordless TrackSaw Kit (DCS520T1)
DEWALT DCS520T1 is a perfect choice for DIYers, carpenters, and woodworkers who need a robust saw that is cordless.
It is a zero clearance track saw that delivers nothing but splinter-free, precise, and straight cuts.
Here are some of the reasons I believe DEWALT DCS520T1 out-do the rest in its category:
- The saw features a brushless motor that effortlessly powers through hardwoods up to 2-1/8-inch thick.
- It has a straight plunge mechanism for optimal ergonomics, with an enclosed low-profile guard that gives a 90% dust extraction capability.
- The saw provides cordless convenience with the power of a corded tool.
- It has a blade with a diameter of 6-1/2-inch and a bevel capacity of 47-degree.
- The saw offers speed adjustments of between 1750-4000 RPM.
- User-friendly features
- Cordless package
- Sufficient dust collection
- Three-year limited warranty
- DCS520 6-1/2-inch track saw
- Blade change wrench
- DEWALT T-Stack kit box
- DCB606 60V max* flexible 6.0Ah battery
My Favorite: “Anti-Kickback Mechanism”
- The saw is equipped with a continuous anti-kickback mechanism and riving knife that helps to prevent kickback when engaged.
This feature is essential as it guarantees the operator’s safety.
Best Value Track Saw – SHOP FOX W1835
SHOP FOX W1835 Track Saw
Do you want to purchase a track saw, but your budget is tight? Worry not. SHOP FOX W1835 Track Saw is a perfect choice for you.
The saw gives you excellent performance and comes at a pocket-friendly price.
Here are some of the reasons why I believe SHOP FOX W1835 is the best value track saw:
- The saw features a 9 amp motor, which spins up to 5500 RMP.
- It has a bevel gauge with a lock for bevel cuts up to 45-degree.
- The 1-1/2-inch adjustable dust collection port.
- The primary and secondary handles provide more stability while cutting.
- It has a continuous cutting depth limiter
- The saw has a blade rim speed of 9070 ft per minute.
- The combination of the guide rail and the saw are great for cutting full sheets of plywood, making plunge cuts, trimming door bottoms.
- The blade has a diameter of 160mm and a 20mm arbor.
- It has a low-profile blade guard for cut as close as 5/8-inch from the wall.
- The saw weighs 11 lbs for easy portability.
- Highly accurate and portable
- Advanced safety features
- Highly durable
- Saw blade: 160mm x 20mm x 48T
- Guide rail
My Favorite Feature: “Anti-Kick Protection”
- The plunge action eliminates the risk of flip-up blade guards, and a riving knife lowers the danger of blade pinching and the resultant kickback.
Best Portable Track Saw – Festool 575387
Festool 575387 Plunge Cut Track Saw Ts 55 the Req-F-Plus USA
Festool 575387 is one of the advanced plunge cut saw on the market today. The good thing is that it’s highly portable, allowing you to move it from one place to another or around your workshop with ease.
The saw offers unmatched precision and better features to outstanding performance in all your woodwork projects.
Here are some of the reasons why I believe Festool 575387 is the best track saw in its class:
- The saw has a micro-adjustable depth indicator with two cursor lines for flush-cutting against adjacent surfaces or walls.
- The Festool system allows you to do more with less space, less equipment, and less time.
- The guide rail (not included) helps you attain perfect cuts, laser-straight, and splinter-free cuts.
- The saw handles nearly any surface to offer optimal results, thanks to the nine-blade types available.
- The scaling indicators give accurate measurements, and the cutting process fast and straightforward.
- The saw’s track is very functional with advanced features.
- It is easy to change the saw blade, thanks to the fast-fix system that has a lock switch and arbor at the same time for easy arbor bolt removal.
- The integrated riving knife helps keep the cut kerf open and the material away from the rear of the blades. This helps to reduce the kickback, leaving the user in control.
- Incredible portability
- Easy blade changing
- It has a safety plunger lock system
- Flag Window
- Vision panel
- Splinter guard
- Fine tooth saw blade HW W48
My Favorite Feature: “Zero-Tear-Out Cutting”
- With the guide rail splinter guard and a replaceable, integrated splinter guard on your track saw, you’ll achieve zero-tear-out cuts, decreasing material waste and rework.
Best Plywood Track Saw – Kreg ACS2000
Kreg ACS2000 Adaptive Cutting System Saw + Guide Track Kit
Do you know saw versatility is very crucial in any of your woodwork projects? This is because a versatile saw will help you perform different tasks rather than buying several saws to do the job.
Kreg ACS2000 is one of the versatile saws on the market, allowing you to have various cut types on different materials.
The saw is ideal for cutting sheets and solid wood boards, and plywood. This means that irrespective of what you are cutting, you will always get incredible results.
Here are some of the reasons why I believe Kreg ACS2000 is the best plywood track saw in its category:
- It gives guided cutting for smooth and straight cuts.
- The saw offers unparalleled control with a cutting capacity of up to 50-inch.
- It features a 12 amp motor for superior performance.
- The saw provides a cutting depth of up to 2 1/8-inch at 90-degree.
- It allows you to choose the speed you want for a specific cut.
- The 62-inch guide track stays in place even without clams.
- It offers a bevel capacity of 1-47-degree.
- The saw is versatile and can be used alone or with a project table kit.
- It weighs 18 pounds; hence portable.
- The variable speeding system allows you to cut a wide variety of materials easily.
- It comes with a superb dust collection bag that collects all sawdust after connecting it to the dust port. This will enable you to have your workshop always clean and tidy.
- The scaling indicators with clear markings help you have accurate measurements, which will help you attain precise cuts.
- It’s powerful and efficient
- More versatile
- The plunge saw
- Kreg Adaptive Cutting System Plunge Saw
- Dust-collection bag
- 48-tooth carbide0tipped blade
- Carrying bag
- Owner’s manual
- Cord manager
- 62-inch guide track
My Favorite Feature: “Built-In Anti-Kickback”
- This saw has put the safety of the operator first. The built-in anti-kick feature helps to protect against kickback and binding, allowing you to work without any fear.
Best Premium Quality Track Saw – DEWALT DWS520T1
DEWALT DWS520T1 6-1/2-Inch 12-AMP TrackSaw Kit with 59-Inch and 102-Inch Track
DEWALT DWS520T1 is a cordless track saw that offers many advantages to the user. First, the saw is highly portable to allow you to use it wherever you want and easily carry it around.
You can use it with a track saw dual-edged tracks for straight and precise cuts in both directions.
Here are some of the reasons I believe DEWALT DWS520T1 out-do the rest in its category:
- The saw features a 48-tooth blade that allows you to achieve accurate and fine finishes with a minimal breakout in laminates.
- The adjustable rail allows you to adjust the saw accurately to the rail.
- The saw allows you to set the correct speed that matches various materials’ types, thanks to the variable speed.
- It offers an on-track cut depth of 2-1/8-inch at 90-degree and 1-5/8-inch at 45-degree.
- It is equipped with padded and stone guard undercoated insulation over the rubber pad that helps to decrease noise when the sink is in use.
- Full-wave electronics are ideal for maintaining constant speed under heavy load.
- The saw weighs 18.13 pounds that make it easy to carry everywhere.
- It has an enclosed guard that offers 90% dust extraction capability.
- The 55mm cutting depth helps in the sizing and trimming of most door sizes.
- The 12 amp motor quickly powers via hardwoods up to 2-1/8-inch thick.
- The zero-clearance track saw cutting system gives you straight, precise, and splinter-free cuts.
- The saw offers better performance, thanks to the powerful motor
- Adequate dust collection
- Low vibration
- Three-year warranty
- DWS520 Heavy-Duty Track Saw
- 102-inch Track Kit Box
- 48-Tooth Ultra-Fine finishing Blade
My Favorite Feature: “The Anti-Kickback Function”
- The anti-kickback function helps prevent the saw from moving backward along the rail and from climbing out of the workpiece during plunge cuts.
Best Budget Portable Track Saw – WEN CT1065
WEN CT1065 10-Amp 6.5-Inch Plunge Cut Sidewinder Circular Track Saw
WEN CT1065 is specially engineered for precision cuttings. The saw is perfect for trimming doors, whole plunge cuts, ripping plywood, building furniture, and long, precise cuts.
Here are some of the reasons I believe WEN CT1065 is the best track saw in its class:
- The saw has a 10 amp motor that rotates the blade up to 5500 times per minute to allow you to power even the most complicated wood.
- You can bevel the saw at 45-degree to form angled cuts in boards up to 1-5/8-inch thick.
- It relies on its flat base for optimal stability and precision.
- The back-mounted dust port enables attachment to your suitable dust collection system to help control dust and limit clean-up.
- It weighs 13.55 pounds for portability purposes.
- The saw rip boards up to 2-1/3-inch thick with fine, splinter-free cuts.
- Robust performance
- It’s affordable
- It comes with a two-year warranty
- Track saw
- 6.5-inch 24-tooth carbide-tipped blade
- 20mm arbor
My Favorite Feature: “The Non-Slip Base Cams”
- The non-slip base cams help to decrease pinching and minimize kickbacks, ensuring the operator is always safe.
For you to attain precise, straight, and splinter-free cuts, you need the best track saw. Remember to put your safety first by purchasing a track saw with advanced safety features.
Before buying any track saw, consider factors such as the motor, price, variable speed dial, construction, blade, riving knife, guide rail, dust port, and maintenance.
The best track saw is Makita SP6000J 6-1/2-Inch Plunge Circular Saw. It’s user-friendly with a powerful motor and has many advanced features. Furthermore, it has an incredible safety feature.