Last Updated on August 28, 2022 by Barry Gray
It’s often said that two hands are better than one, however for the sake of this review, we’re going to forget that mantra and focus purely on the one hand.
That’s right – today we’re looking at the best one-handed cordless reciprocating saws that are on the market.
Short for time? Don’t worry, we have you covered.
Read below for a quick overview of the best one-handed cordless reciprocating saws we compared.
- TACKLIFE 12V Reciprocating Saw
- Makita XRJ07R1B 18V Brushless Reciprocating Saw Kit
- DEWALT DCS310S1 12V Reciprocating Saw Kit
- Porter-Cable PCC475B 18V Reciprocating Saw
- Milwaukee 2719-20 M18 Fuel Hackzall Saw
- Milwaukee M12 12V Hackzall Reciprocating Saw
- Milwaukee 2625-20 M18 18V Reciprocating Saw
- Milwaukee 2625-21 M18 18V Reciprocating Saw
- Milwaukee 2625-21CT M18 18V Reciprocating Saw
Whether you’re a professional contractor or a hobbyist, there is definitely a one-handed reciprocating saw out there for you.
So let’s find that for you, and get started, shall we?
I’ve put the best models that you can find that fit within the one-handed, cordless and reciprocating saws category.
To make this list easier for you, I’ve narrowed this down into the best features and specs of each model, as well as a favorite feature of each.
The first reciprocating one-handed saw on our list today – TACKLIFE include a Lithium-Ion battery, 1-hour fast charging amongst a list of other additions features in the RES001.
Find out below some of the other features included in this saw:
- Weight of 3.4lbs
- Variable speed trigger with 2,500 SPM for a controlled cut
- ⅘” stroke length
- Keyless Quik-Lok blade clamp
- Double safety switch controlling design
- 1 x Tacklife Reciprocating Saw
- 1 x 12V Max Lithium-Ion Battery
- 1 x 1 Hour Charger
- 1 x Blade Wood
- 1 x Clamping Jaw
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 x Maintenance Card
My Favorite Feature: Clamping Jaw
- Clamping jaw for easy control and increased friction
TACKLIFE have included a very nifty feature in the clamping jaw, which aims to increase friction when operating to make difficult cuts a lot more easier.
This also provides an additional layer of security for you when using the saw, and is easily removed or added by aligning the clamping jaw to the hole where the saw is housed.
Makita is known for the innovative designs within their cordless tool selection. With the XRJ07R1B, they deliver another that’s both innovative and effective.
Have a look below at some of the additional features Makita provide:
- Weight of 5.7lbs
- 13/16” stroke length
- Ergonomically designed, at only 12-1/2 “
- Extreme Protection Technology for improved dust and water resistance
- Tool-less blade change
- 1 x 18V LXT Sub-Compact Brushless Recipro Saw (XRJ07ZB)
- 1 x 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Compact 2.0Ah Battery (BL1820B)
- 1 x 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC)
- 1 x 4″ Metal Cutting Recipro Saw Blade, 18TPI (B-20404)
- 1 x 4″ 6TPI Wood Cutting Recipro Saw Blade (B-20432-1)
- 1 x Tool bag
My Favorite Feature: Brushless Motor
- Brushless motor which can attain a 3,000 SPM speed
The brushless motor was too difficult of a feature to ignore, and is by far my favorite feature this saw includes. The XRJ07R1B is built for heavy use in both demolition and general purposes, and continuous use can see the motors’ brushes decline as they age.
You won’t have to worry about this with happening to this Makita model. The brushless motor is able to reach speeds of 3,000 SPM – which for a one-handed cordless reciprocating saw, is a powerful component compacted within a lightweight design.
I bet you thought it wouldn’t be too long until DeWalt would get a mention in this review – and you weren’t wrong.
The max pivot reciprocating kit is one of the few 12V models we put the fine-tooth comb through, yet don’t let that push you away – there are plenty of good features on this handy little saw, which we’ll get into below…
- Weight of 4.856 lbs
- 9/16” stroke length
- 0-2,700 SPM
- Keyless lever-action blade for hassle-free blade changes
- Bright L.E.D light for lighting up those dark spaces on site
- 1 x 12V MAX Li-Ion Battery Pack
- 1 x 30-minute charger
- 1 x 4″ 6 wood cutting blade
- 1 x 4″ metal cutting blade
- 1 x kit bag
My Favorite Feature: Adjustable Pivoting Handle
- Adjustable 3-position pivoting handle for difficult cuts and spaces
The DCS310S1 is a lightweight and tight model that is made for effective use with one-hand. All of this, with the added bonus of no short or long term stress on your body.
Sounds good, right?
Well it is.
The compact design allows for what I believe is the greatest feature, the adjustable pivoting handle, to shine. With three separate positions available, you will be able to make cuts in positions that are difficult to navigate, giving you added versatility for all situations.
A bare tool item, the PCC475B by Porter-Cable is another one-handed reciprocating saw that features an adjustable clamping shoe.
Let’s check out some of the additional features of this cordless saw:
- Weight 5.5 lbs
- 0-3,000 SPM
- Tool-free adjustable clamping shoe
- 3-position overmolded pivoting handle for versatility
- L.E.D light for visibility in darkened areas
- 1 x Porter-Cable PCC475B 18v Bare Tool CLAMPSAW pivoting Reciprocating Saw
- 1 x 6” wood cutting blade
My Favorite Feature: 1” Stroke Length
- 1” stroke length for optimal control and accurate cuts
Porter-Cable have created a one-handed saw that’s as powerful as the more popular brands in this review, and the feature I can’t go past is the stroke length.
With 1”, the PCC475B allows you to be as effective and precise as you possibly can, to the highest order. Supported by a motor that is capable of 3,000 SPM, power is definitely not an issue with this saw.
You’ll be ripping through materials at a highly effective and powerful rate in no time.
With the 2719-20 M18 model, we begin our review of five separate Milwaukee saws.
Let’s begin below and check out some of the features of the 2719-20:
- Weight of 4.3 lbs
- ⅞” stroke length
- 3,000 SPM
- Brushless motor for tool longevity and enhanced power
- Total system communication for increased performance and overload protection
- 1 x Milwaukee 2719-20 M18 Fuel Haczall Saw
My Favorite Feature: Dual Gear Counterbalance Mechanism
- Dual gear counterbalance mechanism provides lower vibration by 4x that of others
This feature heads a long list of features that make this model one of the best one-handed, cordless reciprocating saws that you can find.
With the dual gear counterbalance, the vibration of the 2719-20 M18 is reduced by up to 4x than that of alternative saws. Not only does this result in increased speed when cutting material, but it also reduces fatigue that will indubitably occur.
This is definitely designed for long term use on an array of projects, giving you the ability to work both more effectively and for a longer duration.
The Milwaukee M12 is the last of the 12V reciprocating cordless saws we look at today.
It is also the lightest in weight to review, which is an added bonus in my books.
Don’t you think so?
You can check out the additional features here:
- Weight of only 2.2 lbs
- 1/2 “ stroke length
- 3,000 SPM motor
- Variable speed trigger for complete control over your cuts
- Keyless QUIK-LOK blade clamp for effortless blade changes
My Favorite Feature: Battery Fuel Gauge
- Battery fuel gauge that displays run-time for convenience
Personally, this and the variable speed trigger were two of my favorite features of the M12.
I chose this purely for the convenience it provides when on the job. The battery fuel gauge allows you to see the juice left in the battery, which can give you the upper hand in tackling jobs.
Have you ever had your saw cut off unexpectedly during a project because you thought you had charged it, or simply forgot to?
Then this is perfect for you.
For the next three one-handed, cordless reciprocating saws – we’ll look at them as they were one tool, and describe what makes each different from the next,.
This 2625-20 M18 model contains many of the features synonymous with Milwaukee.
This tool is just that – the saw by itself. There is a kit, which we’ll discuss next.
All three Milwuakee 2625 series includes the following features which separate it from the other one-handed saws we have discussed:
- Weight of 9.8lbs
- ¾” stroke length
- Powerful motor of 3,000 SPM
- Dual gear anti-vibration system for increased accuracy and control
- QUIK-LOK Blade clamp for quick and tool-less blade changes
My Favorite Feature: One-Handed Design
- Specifically created for one-handed use for any situation than standard saws
I know what you’re thinking.
You’ve reviewed a one-handed saw and chosen its’ best feature as the, ‘
How does that make any sense?
Well, I’ll get straight to the point.
The design, unlike other saws we have discussed on this list (and the ones we haven’t spoken about), is specifically made to give optimal comfort in difficult conditions.
Add the anti-vibration handle to this as well, which will reduce your fatigue during heavier cuts – and you’ve got a combination that’s worthy of gold.
As you have probably noticed, this is similar to the previous model we had just looked at – the 2625-20 M18.
The main differences between that model and this is what’s inclusive in the kit.
The 2625-20 M18 a bare tool only, however the 2625-21 M18, this model, is the whole kit.
The inclusions are below:
- 1 x Milwaukee 2625-21 M18 18V Reciprocating Saw
- 1 x M18 Red Lithium XC Extended Capacity Battery
- 1 x M18 & M12 Multi-voltage charger
As they are the same model, I won’t discuss the features it contains.
Lastly, we have the 2625-21CT M18 from Milwaukee.
It’s the last in the line of the 2625 series we’re reviewing today.
The main difference this model has when compared to its’ predecessors is the battery design.
Unlike other lithium-ion batteries which include universal designs to fit most tools, the CT model is only compatible with CT series tools.
In short, you will not be able to use these batteries in other tools, as they, simply – won’t fit.
The reason for this?
We often speak of power in the industry – and many motors can be overworked to compensate for a lack of power. Having this battery and a perfect fit for its’ class ensures this doesn’t occur.
- 1 x Milwaukee 2625-21CT M18 18V Reciprocating Saw
- 1 x M18 & M12 Multi-voltage Charger
- 1 x M18 Compact Red Lithium Battery
So there we are!
The nine best one-handed, cordless reciprocating saws on the market that you can buy.
Out of these, my personal favorite would have to be the Milwaukee 2719-20 M18.
With a 4x lower vibration and at least 50% more cutting speed, it is built to last a long time – without the added stress on your body, whilst still being incredibly effective at ripping through material.
That’s my view, however – and I’m sure it would be different to yours!
Do you think we covered the best features of these one-handed saws?
Or perhaps we missed something?
I’d love to hear your views, so leave your comments below.