So you’ve purchased a miter saw for work or a few jobs you need to be done around the house – but there’s one thing missing.
What’s that, exactly? A miter saw stand.
If you want to find out which miter saw stand is best for you but cannot read the entire article – I’ve made a quick overview of the models discussed in this article in the list below.
- Bosch T4B Gravity-Rise miter saw stand
- DeWalt DWX726 miter saw stand
- BORA Portamate PM-4000 miter saw stand
- DeWalt DWX723 miter saw stand
- HICO UWC4000 miter saw stand
There are many things to consider when purchasing a miter saw stand, but firstly, why’s it so important to buy one in the first place?
If you’re working on-site and using a miter saw for industrial or professional purposes, there aren’t many suitable surfaces on which you can place a miter saw, which can be extremely heavy with even the most compact and lightest of models.
This is where a miter saw stand imperative, a durable and portable base for your miter saw that can be transported throughout a site or even in your workshop, so you can get the job done efficiently.
As I stated, there are many things to consider when purchasing a miter saw stand, such as compatibility with models, portability, design, and weight – to name a few examples. Because of this, it can be a little overwhelming to decide what to purchase, so I’ve done the hard work for you and put together the five best miter saw stands that are available to buy.
The Best Miter Saw Stands (My Recommendations)
To make this list easier for you, I’ve narrowed this down into the best features and specs of each model, as well as a favorite feature of each. There are five different miter saw stands available to fit any budget you may have – so there will definitely be something out there for you that fits your needs.
Let me know what you think of these in the comment section at the bottom of this article, as well as any questions you may have.
Considered by users and professionals as the best miter saw stand on the market – I’ll let you decide if this is a notion you also agree with. Yet it isn’t easy to deny, especially once you read through the list of specifications and features on the T4B from Bosch – as well as seeing it in action.
A universal miter saw stand, the Bosch T4B allows you to use any miter saw regardless of brand – which is a tick for compatibility and makes life a lot easier for users, especially if you’re using a particular miter saw that you trust and don’t wish to spend extra money in moving to another brand.
As well as being universal, the T4B boasts the largest capacity across the entire miter saw stand range, with 18 feet of material and a rapid release tool mount. So what else does this impressive miter saw stand model contain? I’ve listed some of the features and specs below.
- Adjustable and integrated height out feed that supports up to 18 feet of material
- Integrated rubber wheels for quick and efficient transit across sites, regardless of environment and terrain
- Telescoping levelling leg is adjustable, providing stability on uneven surfaces
- Universal mounting system – use any miter saw, whatever the brand maybe – not only for Bosch miter saws
- Rapid release tool mounts with swift assembly and disassembly
What’s In The Box?
- 1 x T4B Gravity-Rise wheeled miter saw stand
- 2 x Universal rapid-release tool mounts
- 2 x Wheels with solid rubber tires
My Favorite Feature: Gravity Rise System
- Patented gravity rise system is exclusive to Bosch, designed for quick set up and breakdown
Patented and exclusive features across power tools and their accessories are usually an indication of thing – quality. So there’s no reason as to why brands, and Bosch in this instance, would create a feature exclusive to their brand if they didn’t believe in the quality and durability of their product – as well as the assistance in performance it provides you.
The heaviest of miter saws can be fitted onto this model, thanks to this feature. Essentially, it allows you to bring the stand in a horizontal position, as if you were lifting your miter saw with ease, regardless of its size.
Not only is this incredibly convenient, but it also promotes your safety when attaching heavy miter saws onto the stand.
This is a feature I’m very fond of; what do you think of the gravity rise system?
The black and yellow of DeWalt is noticeable across any worksite or home workshop, and there’s no difference with their miter saw stands. Like the Bosch T4B, the DeWalt DWX726 miter saw stand is built for all miter saws, regardless of brand.
This is mainly due to the easily adjustable mounting rails, allowing for miter saw stands of up to 300 lbs to fit upon, with an extended width of 98” and a height of 32.5”.
Portability was one of the main aspects in mind when DeWalt designed the DWX726, with a set of durable rubber wheels and a fold-up design aimed for the worker who’s constantly on the go – yet it’s not to say you can’t buy this model if you’re a hobbyist.
Let’s look into all of the specs and features in closer detail, shall we?
- Extendable support that also features extension locks for secure extension tightening
- Aluminum construction built for the contractor with transit around the jobsite in mind, weighing only 35 lbs
- Universal design – will work with all miter saws, not only your DeWalt models
- Foldable legs allow for quick assembly and also portability when necessary
- Works with 16” of material and can hold up to a maximum of 500 lbs
What’s In The Box?
- 1 x DeWalt DWX726 rolling miter saw stand
My Favorite Feature: Easy Set Up With The 3-Position Pneumatic Assisted System
- Set up and packing are extremely easy thanks to the 3-position system, making lowering and raising a simple task
The DWX726 shares some similarities with the Bosch T4B and features a similar lowering/raising system in the 3-position pneumatic assisted design.
Setting up your miter saw onto a stand can be an arduous job at the best of times, thanks to the heavy weight of the miter saw itself. However, with the 3-position system, you can set the miter saw stand into a lower, medium, or higher position, pending on your working preference, making set up and packing an easier task than it should be.
Plus, it’s always important to have working ergonomically in mind, and this model provides this for you.
The Bora Portamate PM-4000 miter saw stand may look different from the previous two we’ve covered today, and it may be easy for many to think that it’s not as good as both the Bosch and DeWalt models – yet this is where you don’t judge a book by its cover.
Built with tubular steel, the PM-4000 miter saw stand is a durable yet lightweight model. And the best thing?
It’s a universal model, allowing for miter saws up to 12” to be used. It can also be used with compound sliding saws.
Assembly and disassembly are quick and convenient, thanks to the folding legs, which not only reduce the space in your vehicle yet is also lightweight and easy to move from site to site, thanks to its low weight of 30 lbs.
There are a number of things to like about this miter saw stand from Bora, and I’ve outlined some in the list below.
- Folding legs for easy transit and portability, legs swing under the center and secured into position by snapped pins
- Built with worker safety and comfort in mind, thanks to a working height of 36”
- Universally designed – can fit up to 12” miter saws from any brand, even compound sliding saws
- 500 lbs capacity, with 116” long material support for larger stocks you’d be working with
- Setup and takedown is easy – weighs only 30 lbs and can be carried with ease
What’s In The Box?
- 1 x BORA Portamate PM-4000 miter saw stand
My Favorite Feature: Quick Attach Tool-Mounts
- Don’t worry about wasting time with attaching tools – the quick attack tool mount is built for easy swaps and adjustments
One of the main reasons I’ve chosen this as my favorite feature is due to the convenience factor it provides. Extra tool mounts mean a larger variety of tools you can mount onto the miter saw stand, and you’re able to do this very quickly without hassle.
Bora has also allowed their Portamate PM-4000 miter saw stand to provide additional mounts, which is a bonus, especially if you like to have an array of tools at your disposal when working, eliminating those precious seconds in swapping over.
These additional mounts will come at an extra cost as they’re sold separately to the model – yet the versatility of options and add ons for this model is a good reason for both the contractor and weekend warrior to add this on top of your wishlist.
The second and last DeWalt miter saw stand model we’re reviewing today, the DWX723 may not be as aesthetically pleasing as its DWX726 counterpart. Yet, it’s efficient, durable, and gets the job done – and that’s exactly what you want in a miter saw stand, isn’t it?
Like the three models we have looked at today, the DWX723 is also universal and can hold up a miter saw that weighs a maximum of 500 lbs. It sports a light design built for portability, with a total weight of 35 lbs thanks to the lightweight aluminum construction.
Don’t be fooled by the construction and weight of the stand, as it’s a heavy-duty built designed for holding the heaviest of miter saws – which I’ve noted as my favorite feature after the list below.
- Universal design – use any miter saw with this stand, not only DeWalt models
- Stress less about damage to your miter saw, as non-marring feet on the tool mount negates material from being scratched
- Rail allows for work supports and stops to be positioned anywhere for quick adjustments
- 5-½” beam that extends, supporting up to 16” of material and a total weight of 500 lbs
- Mounting brackets allow for a safe and secure mounting of your miter saw to the stand itself
What’s In The Box?
- 1 x DWX723 miter saw stand
- 2 x Convertible work supports/stops
- 2 x Mounting brackets
My Favorite Feature: Heavy Duty Design
- A raft of inclusive features culminates in a design that’s durable and built for all saws, even with the lightweight construction
A lightweight design means the DWX723 can easily be moved from your truck or ute to the site you’re working on. However this doesn’t mean that the miter saw stand itself is flimsy.
DeWalt can be trusted in manufacturing tools and accessories that will live a long time, as well as being rugged enough to stand an array of environments you’d be working in. One of the most impressive aspects to note with this model is that it can work with miter saws up to 500 lbs and is the highest in the market when comparing weights.
The legs of this model provide folding support for packing and portability and are also built with leg lock levers, meaning the setup and takedown of the miter saw stand are a breeze. An extended length of up to 50” means you’ll have an extra level of added impact resistance, proving how strong this model is.
The last miter saw stand we’re looking into today is the HICO UWC4000 miter saw stand.
This model is the cheapest out of the five and doesn’t contain many of the fancy additions that some of the models we’ve discussed today do, yet the UWC4000 does what it’s supposed to do, and that’s supporting your miter saw.
It’s a universal stand, which already gives it a tick to those who’ll be watching their budget, able to fit almost all brands from 8” to 12” miter saws. Another handy aspect of this miter saw stand is its support, allowing for miter saws that weigh up to 500 lbs to be supported, which is another tick of approval from me.
What else can you find in the UWC4000? I’ve outlined five specs and features below.
- Universal design, working with nearly all brands of miter saws, from 8” to 12” models
- Perfect design made with portability in mind, made from lightweight steel
- Adjustable work stops, promoting convenience when in use
- Know your miter saw is safe with tool mounting brackets
- Supports up to 81” of material, as well as 500 lbs in weight
What’s In The Box?
- 1 x HICO UWC4000 miter saw stand
My Favorite Feature: Value For Money
- One of the cheapest but most durable miters saw stands currently available on the market, you’ll get a bang for your buck
It may not be the flashiest miter saw stand you’ve ever seen, yet the UWC4000 does exactly what it’s supposed to do, and that’s supporting your miter saw.
The best aspect about this miter saw stand, even with its impressive weight support of 500 lbs and compact design, is the value for money you receive. Priced at a very affordable range for all users, it allows easy transport from site to site and is still made of durable, lightweight steel that is quite adjustable for your miter saw.
The material support of 81” may not be the longest in the miter saw stand category, yet you’re still able to use almost all brands of miter saws, whether it’s a smaller, 8” model, or a larger 12” model.
The Final Say
Now that we’ve looked into five miter saw stands across different price points and brands, it’s time to decide which is the best for you.
If you’re looking for a top of the line model that won’t let you down and can do almost everything you’d need from a miter saw stand, the Bosch T4B is what you’ll be looking for and would be the envy of all of those working on-site with you.
For a more price-friendly and stock-standard option, the UWC4000 is another great alternative, supporting your miter saw without any glossy additions that you may find unnecessary.
Those are my thoughts, and I’d be very interested to hear what you have to say.
Is there a model you’d prefer to use out of the five we’ve reviewed today? Or perhaps you’d like to share some tips with fellow readers.
Leave your comments and thoughts below.