If you are thinking about getting the best axe sharpener in the market today, you have come to the right place!
An axe is an essential tool that comes in handy when cutting, shaping, splitting, and chipping wood, but a dull axe makes your work a lot harder. Therefore, you need the best axe sharpener to help your tool perform well.
With the rising number of axe sharpeners flooding the market, you need some help finding the best one for you.
I have analyzed and rounded up six of the best axe sharpeners that will offer you impressive quality and value. Read through each tool and pick the right one to help make your work easier.
Let’s jump into it!
Here’s a quick guide that includes the best axe sharpeners to give your tool a new edge capable of making the most accurate cut:
- Best Axe Sharpener – SHARPAL 103N All-in-1
- Best Runner-Up Axe Sharpener – Fiskars XSharp
- Best Professional AxeSharpener – Smith’s 50582
- Best Premium AxeSharpener – Work Sharp Guided
- Best Budget Axe Sharpener – Lansky Puck Dual Grit
- Best Performance Axe Sharpener – Work Sharp Handheld
I have researched extensively to help bring you a detailed guide recommending the best axe sharpeners in the market today.
The list comprises different options, including files, stones, and carbide axe sharpeners.
I’ve also included a brief overview and valuable features for each model. So, without wasting time, here are the best axe sharpeners for the most accurate cut.
Best Axe Sharpener – SHARPAL 103N All-in-1
I believe SHARPAL 103N is the best overall axe sharpener.
It offers you three sharpening spots allowing you to change with every tool you’re working on. This means you can use this tool to sharpen single and double-beveled blades.
The best part, after you’ve achieved your best sharp performance, you can turn the tool on the other side to eliminate burrs, hone and polish your axe. That way, your axe lasts long and performs as well as new.
Here are reasons why I think SHARPAL 103N axe sharpener stands out in its category:
- It includes 3 sharpening slots for the best sharpening angle, a ceramic bar, and a carbide bar. This allows you to sharpen different types of tools.
- It has an effective abrasive material to remove all burr sides
- It comes with large handles allowing you to use the tool even with gloves on
- It has 1 3/8 inches large safety guard that protects your hands from cutting by blades
- The axe sharpener is durable and performs the same without wearing out
- It features a rubber non-slip handle and base for a comfortable grip
- 1 multi-purpose axe sharpener
My Favorite Feature: “Multipurpose”
- SHARPAL 103N is one of the most versatile axe sharpeners in the market.
It comes with three different angled slots allowing you to sharpen single or double bevel tools. That allows you to use this tool to other blades, including a knife, scissors, mower blade, hatchet, pruner, machete, and hedge shears.
With this axe sharpener, you get the best value for your money.
Best Runner-Up AxeSharpener – Fiskars XSharp
Fiskars XSharp Axe sharpener comes with ceramic blades that help you get a sharp axe without removing much metal.
This tool protects your blade from decreasing and increases its durability. The ceramic blades also help you to achieve a clean cutting blade quickly.
Here are other reasons why I recommend Fiskars XSharp Axe as the best runner-up axe sharpener:
- You can adjust the slots for optimal sharpening angle for your axe
- It has a strong and sturdy design for durability
- Non-slip base to set on flat surfaces preventing the tool from moving while you’re sharpening
- It comes in a large design to keep your hands away from the blade
- It’s compact and small to fit your pocket for field use
- You can disassemble the tool easily for better cleaning
- The ceramic sharpener protects your metal blade
- One Fiskars axe sharpener
My Favorite Feature: “Ceramic Sharpener”
- Fiskars XSharp axe sharpener ensures that your axe performs and lasts a long time.
With the ceramic blades, your axe achieves factory sharpness after a few passes. That way, your axe retains its shape, size, and original sharp edge.
Best Professional Axe Sharpener – Smith’s 50582
This is a lightweight handheld axe sharpener that allows you to keep your axe in an optimal condition at all times.
It’s also a simple and easy-to-use tool. It features preset carbides that help you sharpen and smooth out the edge on both sides of the axe.
Smith’s50582 axe sharpener comes with a durable plastic mold, large handle, and oversized finger guard to protect your hand when sharpening.
Here are other reasons why I believe this axe sharpener is the best in its category:
- It’s a lightweight and compact
- This axe sharpener is easy to use and sharpens in just a few minutes.
- It comes with a durable plastic head, handles, and oversized finger guard to protect your fingers from accidental cuts
- It comes with a wire bristle for cleaning your sharpener after use
- Large safety guard that allows you to use with gloves
- You can also replace the carbides blades
- A sharpener
- A bristle brush for cleaning
My Favorite Feature: “Protective Plastic Handles”
- This axe sharpener comes in bright yellow protective plastic handles to protect your hands.
In addition, the plastic head offers a soft grip allowing you to guide your hand carefully without hurting yourself.
Best Premium Axe Sharpener – Work Sharp Guided Field Sharpener
Work Sharp offers you a simple and compact design perfect for field, shop, and home use.
This model comes with four different sharpening surfaces allowing you to use it on different blades, including knives, axes, gardening, and camp blades.
This tool comes with two diamond plates, one is coarse, and the other is fine. It also packs a leather strop and two ceramic rods on the sides.
Use the main ceramic rod coarse side to sharpen fine blades and the smaller ceramic rods for honing serrated blades.
The sharpener is designed like a penknife making it safe and comfortable to use. It’s also built with durable materials that help it withstand rigorous sharpening techniques.
This tool is also great for those people who like to get their hands dirty and go old school.
I believe Work Sharp Guided axe sharpener stands out in its category because of the following reasons:
- It’s a compact axe sharpening tool designed for the ultimate performance
- It comes with four different surfaces to sharpen and polish your blades
- You can detach the diamond plates to expose a broad head wrench to speed up the sharpening process
- It offers you a consistent, clean, and easy sharpening solution
- It features consistent blade edge angles for guided sharpening, especially when working with dual blades.
- It requires no assembly or tools to detach
- 1 Work Sharp sharpener
My Favorite Feature: “Different Sharpening Surfaces”
- This axe sharpener packs a diamond plate, sharpening guide, ceramic rod, and leather strops that offer fast and consistent sharpening results.
It’s designed to handle rigorous field demands and performs well each time. The ceramic rods rotate to expose fine and coarse surfaces for flat surfaces.
The grooved surface is excellent for sharpening fishhooks. The small ceramic rod is perfect for sharpening your axe or serrated saws with a clean finish.
Best Budget Sharpener – Lansky Puck Dual Grit
Lansky Puck axe sharpener allows you to taste the old ways with this simple manual axe sharpener.
This tool fits well in your hand, allowing you to run it along with your axe as you sharpen it.
The stone comes in coarse grit for clearing burrs and smooth grit for polishing. That way, you can achieve a performing axe in no time.
Here are features that have made me recommend Lansky Puck axe sharpener as the best budget axe sharpener:
- This tool is affordable
- It is easy to use and achieve desired results in a short time
- It can be used at home, shop, and field any time to sharpen a blade
- It’s old school and allows you to enjoy the serenity of sharpening your blade the traditional way
- It’s durable and, therefore, will serve you a long time
- It comes with two sides a coarse grit for removing burrs and smooth grit for polishing any rough parts for a consistent, sharp edge
- One synthetic dual grit sharpener
My Favorite Feature: “Dual Grit”
- This compact dual grit sharpener is ideal for various cutting and chopping tools.
It comes with a rough and soft side allowing you to sharpen and polish your blade. It’s easy to grip and guide but requires you to watch out for your fingers.
Best Performance Sharpener – Work Sharp Handheld Pivot Pro
Work Sharp axe sharpener brings you another fantastic axe sharpener with excellent value for money. It is well designed to help you sharpen and go back to your activities quickly.
The tool is versatile with multiple sharpening surfaces, including a diamond plate, a ceramic hone, and a convex carbide.
The convex carbide is durable and designed for machetes, knives, and other steel blades.
The ceramic hone has a fine grit that restores blades to default sharpness with a few passes. As for the diamond plate, it’s perfect for sharpening your axe and other edge tools.
In addition, you can use the removable scissor sharpener for your prunes, shears, and scissors.
Here are the reasons why I think this axe sharpener is the best in its category:
- It features an innovative design that allows the different grits to maintain the blade’s proper angle while sharpening.
- The tool is easy to use, durable, and highly efficient.
- It’s multi-purpose, allowing you to save your money for buying more tool sharpeners.
- It maintains a consistent edge along your blade, allowing you to pass the axe only a few times.
- It packs a removable scissor sharpener that sits conveniently in the handle.
- Work Sharp Handheld Pivot Pro Knife & Tool Sharpener
My Favorite Feature: “Versatile Surfaces”
- Work Sharp axe sharpener is a great multi-purpose tool that allows you to sharpen your blades at home or in the field quickly.
It comes with a diamond plate that sharpens your axe and other edge tools. It also has a Ceramic hone that sharpens your axe easily.
You can use this guide to help you pick out the best axe sharpener for your needs. Feel free to compare each model with features before you determine your purchase.
You can also check if any need extra honing oils, water, or other things for your sharpener to function better. You can also consider your budget to help you choose a sharpener that falls within your budget.
SHARPAL 103N is my best axe sharpener, and it gives you the freedom to sharpen more blades and nail the right angle for different blades.
I hope this list makes it easier for you to find the right axe sharpener and get value for your money.
If you have any questions or thoughts that you’d like to share with me, feel free to leave a comment below, and I’ll get back to you.